Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Day I Stood Up for My Friends

"Thank you for standing up for us.."

Sabi ng wavemate ko..

We were having a meeting.. Yung TM namin was expressing his disappointment dahil hindi kami pumasa sa knowledge check..

"I thought you understood our discussion earlier.. Why didn't we get passing scores on this second knowledge check? I told you guys that if you do not understand something just tell me so I can discuss it.."

At that point my hands were already shaking.. Not out of anger.. But my body is telling me that I need to speak up or I will forever hold my peace..

"I need to say something.. I know.. And I trust that my teammates did understand the discussion earlier.. But if you look at it.. The test we took today are different from the one we took earlier.. If you guys gave us the exact same tests, I am pretty sure, I am confident, that all of us will pass, and you will also have to take into consideration that this is our first day and we will not get all types of calls in just 8 hours"

It was the first time.. The first time that I stood up for my friends.. I have defended some friends in the past.. But this one was really different.. I felt it was my responsibility to stand up and make them hear my voice.. Earn the respect that I am worthy of..

I sat down.. And realized that I have indeed changed.. If it was the Jonel 'before' that was put in this situation, malamang tumahimik na lang ako at hinayaang manginig ang buong katawan ko at idaan na lang sa sandamakmak na reklamo paglabas ng opisina..

I am proud of what I did.. Naisip ko kung gaano na kalaki ang ipinagbago ko.. Iba ang confidence ko ngayon kesa dati.. Iba na ang outlook ko..

Ngayon isa lang ang masasabi ko.. Konti na lang.. Ready na ko..

No comments:

Post a Comment